Eating disorders are serious mental health conditions that can affect someone physically, psychologically and socially. There are different forms of eating disorders including anorexia, bulimia and binge eating disorder. They affect more than 725,000 men and women in the UK.
We are specialist adult service working across Somerset consisting of clinical nurse specialists, dieticians, psychologists, family workers and others.
- Specialist assessment, support and advice
- Specialist nutrition advice
- Specialist treatment options, including psychological therapies
- Education and support for families and carers of those with an eating disorder
- Support and training for community mental health teams working with people with eating disorders
- Liaison with other services such as GPs, inpatient units and voluntary organisations.
How you can access this service
Your GP will need to refer you to the community mental health team. They will liaise with our team who will then offer you an initial assessment at one of our locations. Unfortunately you cannot refer yourself into this service and we do not accept direct GP referrals. We aim to see all new referrals received from the community mental health teams within four weeks.